- Madison loves her babysitter and I love her as well. We've become friends over the past month and I thank God for bringing her to us. It's great to have another woman to talk to about random things.
- We got a real couch! And yes, I'm sitting on it right now as I type. It's tan and although I wanted black, I'm still loving it. It's comfy and larger than we anticipated. It'll be great for studying night.
- I've finished my first month (or so) back at school and I love it. I do miss my old university, but this one is growing on me. It's much larger (and actually has a football team). And it has a sushi bar! *smiles* I've also become a fan of the shuttle bus system. My old university was much smaller and although it did have a bus, I didn't use it since the walk wasn't to my classes wasn't terrible. Now, it's horrid. I made the mistake of walking on my first day and from the parking lot to my class, it took nearly 25 minutes. It's great to exercise (especially with diabetes), but that was too intense on my first day and in hot Texas weather.
- Madison's birthday is in 2 weeks! I cannot believe it's been almost a year. Her theme is Despicable Me. It's a favorite in my house and even though it won't be all pink everything, I think I'll be okay.
- I've become even more addicted to Diet Coke since starting school.
- For the past year or so, I've had a huge supply for Humalog so I didn't need to call for a prescription. (And I was on Medicaid while pregnant, so I had forgotten how much it costs). I needed a refill a few weeks ago so I called Dr. JS for one, no big deal. I went to pick it up and to my surprise, it was $50 for three vials. Diabetic wins are the best.
Again, I'm completely sorry for being MIA. I'm trying to balance everything out and I think I've got it all figured out. I hope everyone is doing great!